Monday, November 24, 2008

Being Real

Today an article is making the rounds about Word Press (http://agentgenius.com/?p=7479) and their "splogging" practices. I'm sure there's going to be more comments about this, but what I can imagine is going to come of this most is a heightened awareness of what you say, how you say it, and what measures you'll take to protect what you write.

Truthfully, I've never paid a whole heck of a lot of attention to things like that because if someone can't come up with some original thought of their own, well, that's too bad for them. Life is full of interesting things, and you meet all kinds of interesting people. If you get away from the computer screen!

I know I've been guilty of getting sucked into the virtual world. It happens, since I WORK in the virtual world as a virtual assistant. But there comes a time when you have to push yourself back from the desk, shut the laptop lid, and interact with other organisms that you share space with. In my case, I've got 2 kids that require and demand personal interaction.

So do yourself a favor - try out the "being real" part of your life. You may just find that you like it.

No comments: