Sunday, November 16, 2008

Mind Block!

Everyone tells me to blog.

Okay...here it is.

Are you excited yet?

I have all kinds of wonderful things, all kinds of important opinions, and all kinds of wisdom to impart.

Except when its time to blog.

So, how do you get over the mind block that always happens? I go to the internet and do a search for the first thing that pops to mind. In this instance it was the lyrics to a song I heard for the first time this morning. I won't share here, because I don't want to get into all the legalities that go with mentioning a song on a blog or something like that, but this song had me in tears for many reasons. Again - things I'm not willing to go into.

But what it did do was spur me to write this blog entry about getting over the mind block. For no matter what you're trying to do, whether its writing in a blog, starting a new aspect of your business, trying out a recipe for the first time, or anything else that's new, exciting and maybe just a little bit scary, going to a "safe place" easy to dip a toe into a new pool.

There's lots of challenges in my life lately - personally and professionally. On the professional front, I'm taking steps to make my services beneficial to my current clients, and to any future clients. Additionally, I'm in the process of launching a new business that's going to (hopefully) change the face of the way virtual assistants service a certain specialty of clients for the future. Personally, well, that's not something to get into here.

So my challenge to you, my friend, until we meet again here, is to dip your toe into another pool.

No comments: